Friday, March 4, 2011

DO YOU SELL YOUR EBT (FOOD STAMPS) FOR CASH?

UPDATE JAN 2015 -  WE WILL BE POSTING ABOUT THIS SUBJECT VERY SOON...  HOW IT'S DONE (YOU ALREADY KNOW WHY!)

(THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION TO BUY FOOD STAMPS!)

Are you one of the many Homeless who manage to get enough to eat without using all your EBT (food stamp) allotment and can use more cash?

Do you sell your food stamps?

How much do you sell $50 worth for?

Who buys from you?

UPDATE : This is one of are most popular posts, though so far no one has answered any questions or left any comments (EXCEPT COMMENT SPAM WITH PEOPLE ASKING WHERE TO SELL THEIR STAMPS OR OFFERING US THEIR STAMPS FOR PURCHASE). You can do so without having a gmail or other social networking account using the anonymous option on COMMENTS below the post. Also, we read the paperwork you do every three months with the EBT/SNAP people and it's not considered legal to sell the stamps. We can't tell you to do anything illegal. We just know that a lot of homeless are saying they do exchange EBT/SNAP for cash. Sometimes this money is used for drugs or beer, sometimes for vitamins, sanitary supplies, over the counter medicines, and other small but necessary items.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I havent sold my stamps yet. A non prrofit is helping me out with job search, food, and temporary housing. So I dont have much need for food stamps anymore except for when I am out and about. I even recently got a job as well! Sadly I cant afford gas for the company car I got. I am homeless with 77 cents in my bank account... Should I sell my food stamps to get gas for the car so I can keep working and be a productive citizen of society? Or should I quit my job?

ExposeHomelessness.blogspot.com said...

We understand the problem. Where are you? What city? Is there any public transportation? How can a company give you a car to use for work and not pay for gas and insurance, or at least pay you back? We think you should ask the shelter where you live to front you some gas money so that you can keep that job. We're meeting more people every day who have just been laid off after 10 or more years of steady employment with one employer. As for selling your EBT, the going rate is not so good, but if you have friends or family that will give you the cash when you buy them $20 worth of groceris once in a while which means an even exchange, we think that might work for you for the short term. !