We asked some homeless people WHY AREN"T YOU IN A SHELTER?
Here is what they said.
A, 50's, female, home base Northern California
"Shelters overall have a bad reputation. I'm OK in my van."
B. 30's, male.
"I don't want some case manager ruling my life or minding my personal business."
C. 20's male.
"I like the people in my caravan. We watch out for each other. We're all good people. I don't want to deal with criminals in shelters."
D. 50's male. Ex heroin addict.
"A shelter kicked me out. They didn't get me housing. The same day they took in another guy and gave him my bed. They're all scammers. I'll never go to another one. I'll make it."
E. 20's female. Foster Child.
"I've been on a wait list for months. I'll try it if they call me."
F. 50's female. home base, Valley Village, California.
"I'm Jewish. I'm not into all that Christian prayer and bible preaching. I go to a Jewish food bank and I reach out for Jewish social services. I just want to be me."
THANKS TO YOU WHO WERE WILLING TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION.
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL