MERCURY NEWS - NYC HOMELESS PREPARE TO SUE - SS CARDS - BIRTH CERTIFICATES - FAMILY PICTURES THROWN AWAY BY POLICE
EXCERPT: The notice of claim, the first step in filing a lawsuit against the city, was prepared by the New York Civil Liberties Union after they obtained security footage of the night through a Freedom of Information Law request. Attorney Alexis Karteron said their belongings weren't worth much, "but the emotional cost is priceless."
We know of people here in LA who are not only missing their vital documents but have had their clothing, tents, and bicycles pitched. It takes weeks to get replacements and if you have nowhere to get mail it's impossible. And you NEED these to get SOCIAL SERVICES.
We've met some men who were depressed after their wives died, who ended up living in their car, and when the car was towed away, they lost their precious photos of their wives.
THIS IS NO SMALL ISSUE, so we say to the New York Homeless GOOD LUCK and may your lawsuit set a precedent all over the UNITED STATES!
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL