Thursday, November 10, 2016

STEVE HARVEY - HOMELESS TO A HUNDRED MILLION

YAHOO CELEBRITY - STEVE HARVEY ONCE HOMELESS MILLIONAIRE

EXCERPT FROM YAHOO ARTICLE FEATURING PEOPLE MAGAZINE COVER:
Harvey tells PEOPLE in this week’s cover story that while he’s now amassed an empire estimated to be worth $100 million, he was once homeless and living out of his Ford Tempo.

“It kills me when I hear very successful people say, ‘I always knew I would get here,’ ” he says. “I didn’t. I always hoped I would get somewhere, but this is above and beyond. My imagination didn’t even go this big.”

He certainly seems to have it all. His bestselling 2009 book Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man has been adapted into a blockbuster film and a sequel. He now hosts a syndicated radio show as well as the game show Family Feud and a hit daytime talk show, The Steve Harvey Show. Most recently he has hosted NBC’s hit variety series Little Big Shots.

But when he first quit job to take a chance at being a comedian, he found himself separated from his wife, on his own and living on as little as $50 a week.

“That was an ugly period, just very painful,” he says of becoming homeless in the late ‘80s.

No comments: