We first posted on M.E.N.D. in 2011. We recently gave several newly homeless people we met the recommendation to go to Meeting Each Need with Dignity - M.E.N.D. for showers, clothes, food, and more. Operating without any government funds, we still think this is one of the best local resources for homeless people. The other day we met a fellow from the South who has been out here homeless for two years. He just got his free government cell phone and is looking for work in construction but needs eyeglasses. We told him to go to M.E.N.D. to get new glasses.
To get there from the North Hollywood Red Line Subway Terminal area, take the 224 bus north, from Burbank Olive area, take the 794 bus north. Stay on the bus and watch for the small airport to the right, and then Pierce Street and the huge sign to the right that says. M.E.N.D.
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL