Though it was on the market for a long time and the asking price was slashed to 13 million, Bob and Dolores Hope's Palm Spring house has been sold and the money is going to homeless charity.
DAILY NEWS - DENNIS MCCARTHY - BOB HOPE'S HOUSE SALE AND THE HOMELESS
They could have left the family home worth millions to their children or the Catholic church, but Bob and Dolores Hope didn’t.
They left it to the homeless and the veterans of Los Angeles County to help shelter and feed struggling families at the bottom of the economic ladder - a million miles from where the Hopes lived at the top.
They didn’t trust trickle-down economics. There were too many potential hands between their money and where they wanted it to go, so they began a charitable foundation aimed right at the heart of poverty in this city.
Without any fanfare or press releases, the Hopes quietly took on the fight against hopelessness.
The money from their Palm Springs home, which recently sold for $13 million, was placed in the foundation, as will be the family Toluca Lake home now on the market for $22 million.
BOB and DOLORES HOPE FOUNDATION
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL