"The Metro Atlanta Task Force for the Homeless announces its lawsuit filed on July 29, 2009, against the City of Atlanta for interfering with the organization’s ability to raise funds and operate its emergency services for homeless men, women and children in the city."
“The harrassment and interference began seriously in 1994 and has gotten progressively worse, taking its toll on our funding,” reports Executive Director Anita Beaty. “
”The Task Force works daily to serve over 600 homeless people with deep support services that included housing 1,500 people in permanent housing last year alone. On average the agency shelters 574 people each night, many of whom need only a job or cheaper housing to get on with their lives. Those people with deeper needs are offered services from assistance with identification to addiction treament and medical help.
The case will be heard on September 21 in Fulton County Superior Court.
Contact:Anita Beaty, Executive Director: 404-729-5366
Bob Cramer, Board Chairman: 404-259-7527
Steve Hall, Attorney: 404-808-1050
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL