"This summer the ACLU of Southern California continued its effort to end the criminalization of chronically homeless people with a lawsuit in July against the city of Santa Monica. The lawsuit came on the heels of a similar lawsuit against Santa Barbara and a victory in a third lawsuit against Laguna Beach. All three suits target city policies of harassing, citing, and arresting chronically homeless people with mental and physical disabilities, while failing to provide any reasonable alternative to sleeping on the streets....
"It's not only illegal but callous and inhumane for any city to have its police officers cite, arrest and harass mentally ill or physically disabled homeless persons,.... said ACLU/SC Legal Director Mark Rosenbaum...
LINK ABOVE TO ACLU of Southern California
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL