VICIOUS SHELTER CASE MANAGERS are finding ways to get rid of residents who may have qualified for Section 8, but who they can get rid of anyway, in order to keep their numbers up.
Shelters are playing a game of getting rid of residents to open beds for other homeless people. We can understand that no one wants to live at a shelter forever, but if you were taken in with the promise of housing and they can no longer provide, whose fault is that? The shelter case managers are throwing people who have proven themselves thus far back into the same circumstances they came from - or worse.
The gamble is that some of these residents will after all be able to go live with family or friends or find a room for rent somewhere, when they were saving money to get into a discounted apartment.
WE SUSPECT THESE PEOPLE WILL BE BACK TO STREET STATUS SOON. THAT'S BECAUSE IF THE RELATIONSHIP WITH FAMILY OR FRIENDS WAS GOOD THEY PROBABLY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ON THE STREET IN THE FIRST PLACE!
Section 8 housing that is paid for by the Federal government, such as for Veterans, is still funded. State Section 8 is in as much trouble as the state it's in.
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL