Wednesday, December 12, 2012

SAN BERNADINO HOMELESSNESS - BOBBI ALBANO TESTIFIES

SAN BERNADINO HOMELESS TESTIMONIAL full article by Bobbi Albano,

By Bobbi Albano   from June 11 2003, SAN BERNADINO CALIFORNIA

"At one point in my life I was homeless. I wasn't concerned with nutrition, eye checkups, getting enough sleep or the effects of smoking. No, when I was homeless, none of those things concerned me. Since I lived in my car, I ate at drive-through fast food joints. Getting to appointments for regular dental and medical exams was not on my agenda. I smoked cigarettes, mostly to ease the tension of life on the street. I had two young children and I was mostly concerned about keeping a good attitude and making our life seem normal.

A normal life is exactly what Leanne Drieberg, the Chief Executive Officer of Inland Temporary Homes, offers homeless folks in San Bernardino and the surrounding areas. She says people often have the misconception that drugs are the main cause of homelessness in the community.

“Homelessness is caused by a lack of resources and a safety net like family and friends," Drieberg says. "If drug addiction caused homelessness, then wouldn’t we see more rock stars homeless?” ...



No comments: