Saturday, May 4, 2013

ARE YOU HOMELESS BECAUSE YOU LEFT A RELIGIOUS CULT?

We've heard of people running to cults after being evicted, but we've also heard of people who escaped cults who became homeless.

As often happens, a cult expects you to cut ties with family and friends you had before the cult. Then if you leave it, these people are not available for support or for practical help.  Cults are sometimes Christian organizations.  We've heard of one Christian shelter/homeless program that makes new inductees remain cut off from the world for one month.

A cult can act as a family but at what cost?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't becom homeless becaue I left a cult but I became homeless for a while after i escaped from a Christian Shelter. They said noone gets to see the outside world for a month after taking you in. I couldn't take it and I went out a window. I'm not a crook and I don't have a drug problem - never did. This was just about them controlling me and making me a member of their cult. Poo Bear

Melissa said...

I am a former "client" of Project TOUCH, which uses its "faith based" status to the detriment of many. I am currently investigating their unethical practices and have started a Facebook group to Reform Project TOUCH Now! If you or anyone you know has been discriminated against or harmed by this program, please look us up. I also have a page Good Without God, for those of us who want to contribute to the well being of EVERYONE regardless of religion or lack thereof.