Tuesday, February 11, 2014

AUTUMN LE - GIRL BREAKS HER PIGGY BANK TO BUY SLEEPING BAGS FOR HOMELESS IN CONTRA COSTA

CONTRA COST-" 8 YEAR OLD BUYS HOMELESS SLEEPING BAGS

"Concerned about how those living on the streets would survive the frigid conditions, 8-year-old Autumn Le, a third grader at Leo Croce Elementary School, decided the money she'd scrimped and saved from two years of birthdays, Christmases and Chinese New Years would be better spent on something bigger than herself.

Keeping just enough to buy a goldfish and a fish tank, she used the remaining $400 she'd collected in her piggy bank to buy 25 sleeping bags to donate to the homeless.

"I see the homeless people in the street, and I wonder how they sleep," Le said. "In the winter when I go out, I have a jacket and it's still really cold; the homeless people only have one layer of shirt on. I decided I wanted to help them."

No comments: