They just had another major successful giveaway...
HOMEAID ORANGE COUNTY link
"HomeAid's mission is to end homelessness by building new lives for homeless families and individuals through housing and community outreach. HomeAid achieves its mission through advocacy, development (of shelters) and service.
Founded in 1989 by the Building Industry Association of Southern California, Orange County Chapter, HomeAid is the only community-based organization that has successfully developed 50 building and renovating housing projects across the entire homeless Continuum of Care spectrum, providing facilities that range from emergency shelters, to transitional housing, to permanent supportive housing.
Every year, over 12,700 people find themselves homeless in Orange County – one of the wealthiest counties in California. Of that number, an astounding 20% are children. There is the misconception that homelessness is a choice – that these people ended up on the streets because they chose to be there. Yet the truth is that most people are forced into homelessness because of life circumstances, such as job loss, illness, abandonment, or abuse. These numbers demonstrate a clear need for action. These people are the reason HomeAid continues to work towards its mission."
We last posted a link to this organization in 2012 so we thought we'd do it again. They're big!
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL