USVETS.ING - INFORMATION ON ACTIVISM inc STAND DOWNS
Although the numbers have decreased since U.S.VETS opened its doors in 1993, Los Angeles still has the largest population of homeless military veterans in the nation with the latest homeless count estimating more than 6,300 veterans living on the streets. Los Angeles County remains the epicenter of homelessness in the U.S. Homeless vets account for nearly 20% of the people living on the streets and in shelters in Los Angeles. For a low-income veteran and family, attaining and maintaining affordable, stable housing is no easy achievement in Los Angeles. The overall cost of living in LA is 36% above the national average, with housing costs among the top ten most expensive in the nation.
***we missed the STAND DOWN in December 2014, but we have linked to this organization before, so we hope those of you looking for the latest found that post.
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL