HUFF POST - AMERICAN FAMILIES - NUTRICIAN HOUSING HEALTH CARE full article
EXCERPT: "According to a 2014 study by Feeding America, one in seven people in the U.S. receives food assistance from its nationwide network of 200 member food banks every year.
That’s 46.5 million people who need help putting food on the table -- while also struggling to balance other everyday necessities that many others take for granted, like nutrition, housing and health care. Even with help from generous organizations like Feeding America, families still face tough choices when it comes to providing the most nutritious food possible, with many resorting to coping strategies like watering down food and nutritious beverages to make them last longer.
Faced with this harsh reality of hunger that millions of Americans experience, we’ve partnered with The Great American Milk Drive to spotlight the difficult decisions people must make to keep their families going..."
Our posts about food stamps and restaurants that take EBT are very popular. We know people who go from one food bank to the next because their SSI or SSDI isn't enough to live on.
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL