CBS NEWS BERNIE SANDERS SUDDENLY (?!) TALKING ABOUT POVERTY full article
(To us he's always been talking about the economy and the need for more for us!)
In Indiana on Monday, he pointed out that 21 percent of children in the state are living in poverty -- and in many states he has been even more expansive, emphasizing less the lack of access to material goods than to life expectancy...
He added that 15 neighborhoods in Baltimore have lower life expectancies than in North Korea -- and two of them have a higher infant mortality rate than in the West Bank...
On Apr. 26, five states held primaries. Sanders' solitary win that day was Rhode Island, where he talked about 1 in 10 children in the state living in poverty. Yet Sanders lost the four other battles, and in each of those states he talked extensively about poverty in a locally-focused way...
At an outdoor rally in Oregon last week, Sanders pointed out that nearly 20,000 public school students under the age of 18 are homeless in the state and that a quarter of the children in the state live in households without adequate access to food.
Sanders is now talking about poverty everywhere he goes. With a poverty rate of about 16 percent, Oregon is not a special case. According to the Census Bureau, about 14.5 percent of Americans live in poverty nationwide, or more than 45 million people.
SANDERS SAYS POOR PEOPLE DON'T VOTE...
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL