SACRAMENTO SEEMS TO BE A DESTINATION FOR HOMELESS WHO FIND LOS ANGELES and SAN DIEGO TOO EXPENSIVE. One blogger even provided a complicated bus route that would get a person there for half the price of a Greyhound bus ticket.
BUT HERE IS SOME INFORMATION ON WHAT A PERSON FINDS ONCE THEY GET TO THE CAPITAL OF CALIFORNIA!
NEXT MOVE HOMELESS SHELTER - FOR FAMILIES
Next Move operates The Family Shelter, 30-day shelter that serves families with children and single women. It’s one of only two shelters in Sacramento County that accepts two-parent families, single fathers, and sons over the age of 14. And it’s the only shelter with private rooms for families.
OUR COMMENT: a 30 day stay is better than nothing, but unless the shelter has connections to get people employment and day care and housing in that 30 days, it may just be one more bump in the road.
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL