We were SHOCKED by the higher egg prices, now that the law is that California chickens must have more room to move around. WILL THE PRICES STAY HIGH? What have farmers purchased or gone into debt for to give those chickens more room.
We went to our local Ralphs, a local Farmer's Market where eggs that had been about a dollar higher than Ralphs were now $4.75 to $6.00 a dozen and then to Trader Joe's because we thought "TJ's eggs were always free ranging" or whatever. The eggs at Trader Joe's were higher priced than before the new law went into effect too at about $2.99 a dozen.
HOW DO WE KNOW THAT FARMERS ARE NOT RAISING THE PRICES PAST WHAT THEY NEED TO COMPENSATE THEMSELVES FOR THE LARGER CAGES or RANGES?
Will the Food Bank that we go to, which normally gives us five or six small eggs a month still be able to give us some eggs?
What we know is that even those who no longer eat meat because of health, religious conviction, or unaffordability, and who rely on eggs for protein may have to HALF the number of eggs they eat for the same price and that means they may not get enough protein.
WILL PEOPLE START CROSSING INTO OTHER STATE'S BORDERS TO BUY CHEAPER (i.e. more affordable) EGGS?
OK, Americans supposedly have more than enough protein than needed, but when you also see the price of cheese going way up, recently on sale at Ralph's (store brand) for $6.99 a pound, we have to wonder...
WILL THE HIGHER FOOD PRICES MEAN A RAISE IN EBT OR SOCIAL SECURITY?
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL