Let's say you just got evicted after years of being a working, paying taxes, U.S. Citizen. You may not have any of the stereotypical homeless issues such as mental illness or drug addiction or a criminal past. Now, be it that you sofa hop, live in your vehicle, go to a Cold Weather Shelter, or another shelter program THAT ADVERTISES ITSELF TO BE A SOLUTION TO HOMELESSNESS, that CLAIMS that it get's people housing.
DID YOU KNOW THAT IF IT TAKES YOU MORE THAN SIX MONTHS TO BE IN A PLACE TO LIVE AGAIN, we mean at least a room for rent, a Section 8 apartment, on a lease or rental agreement somewhere YOU ARE CONSIDERED TO BE CHRONICALLY HOMELESS?
THIS WORKS AGAINST YOU if you ever have another bout of bad luck in this economy.
THEN YOU ARE CONSIDERED A REPEATER.
THE LONGER YOU ARE HOMELESS THE MORE STEREOTYPICAL DEFINITIONS STICK TO YOU.
LANDLORDS don't want to read your last address as a HOMELESS SHELTER. LANDLORDS DON'T WANT TO RENT TO PEOPLE WHO THEY ASSUME ARE A STEREOTYPE!
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL