DAILY MAIL - HOBBIT MAN full article on Dan Price who leases 2 acres of land for $100 a year...
He lived in a string of rustic dwellings—a cabin, an old flophouse, even a tepee—before building the tree-covered Hobbit hole out of mostly found materials in Joseph, Oregon.
Now, twenty years after seeing the light in simple living, Price is still in his 8-foot dwelling in the ground.
In the carpeted, wood-lined circular room, Price has everything he needs. There appears to be electricity in his hobbit hole and a hot plate for cooking. Though it barely seems to fit, a cushion rolls out for sleeping.
While he prefers his surroundings relatively bare, Price’s life isn’t without its modern comforts: he has both an iPad and a MacBook Air. He also pays $53 per month for his cell phone.
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL