Monday, August 23, 2010

HAVE YOU BEEN RAPED ON THE STREET?

Homeless women seem to be targeted for rape more than women who are housed. This is one of the reasons homeless women seem to seek programs and shelters more than homeless men. Sometimes it's linked to prostitution, often not.

There are a number of reasons that homeless women are attacked. Mostly they are more vulnerable. Unfortunately, some homeless people are unable to check their impulses due to drug use or mental illness. HOMELESS ON HOMELESS STREET CRIME is a terrible reality, although some homeless, by carefully selecting their street buddies, do avoid it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes I have. I was in a new town and tried to find somewhere to sleep so I climbed into the supports under a bridge. I woke up a few hours later when 4 guys pulled me down. they all took turns and did some other things and didn't stop untill it was light. i was in the hospital for 2 weeks recovering and now I just try to keep moving around.