MEND POVERTY BLOG - MEND NONPROFIT PACOIMA link to Newsletter.
MEND is a favorite non profit of the homeless. WHY? because if you get there on Tuesday Morning early, you will get a shower, a simple breakfast, a hot lunch, bus tokens (as available - at least enough to get back there next Tuesday), clothing, groceries if you can carry them, and referrals, plus they have a dental and vision clinic on site.
AND THEY DO THIS ALL WITH PRIVATE FUNDING AND VOLUNTEERS WHO HAVE A HEART!
Our only worry is that we'll tell so many people about MEND that they'll get overwhelmed!
It's NOT just our experience or what we hear on the street! In 2012 MEND was named the State of California's top non-profit!
DAILY NEWS : PACOIMA's MEND NAMED STATES TOP NONPROFIT link to full article.
For more than 40 years, MEND and its army of volunteers have given food, clothing, health care and jobs training to poor families in the northeast Valley. Its goal: to encourage the more than 30,000 residents it serves each month toward self-reliance. The Pacoima nonprofit gets no government grants. Instead, it is run by a small staff and 3,000 volunteers, who dole out hot meals, teach English language courses and give fresh clothing to the homeless. It has also doubled the number of partnerships with businesses, schools and community groups to 300 organizations to expand services.
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL