DAILY PRESS TENT CITY - VICTORVILLE and ERIC RIVERA - PLACERVILLE HANGTOWN
"Rivera, who is sharing his vision through fliers and on Facebook, said his idea “is not going to be a one-man show,” but a collaborative effort between churches, nonprofit groups and local governments.
Friends, family, churches and a local bakery have provided many of the homeless near the river with soup, bread, water and clothing, Rivera said.
“The biggest problem down here is hygiene problems and keeping hydrated,” Rivera said as he and his family used a 275-gallon water tank on the back of his truck to refill water containers for the river-dwellers. “I pay for everything mostly out of pocket.”
DAILY PRESS : HOMELESS IN RIVERBED
"Rivera is the founder of “Friends of Tent City” and hopes to eventually provide a permanent legal campground somewhere in the Victor Valley — possibly near the Mojave River bottom next to Stoddard Wells Road, he said. He wants to form a coalition of nonprofits and churches to better coordinate food assistance, water, heat, hygiene, work assistance and recovery programs. But the project is still in the early stages, he said."
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL