UPDATE DEC 2014 - there is no armory shelter in Glendale for the winter 2014-2015 season. Ascencia was not funded either. Use our search feature to bring up shelter searches.
There is always 211, but they collect information on you, and may not refer you if they think you are "chronically homeless" (6 months or more, or repetitive.)
GO TO OUR LINK FOR http://www.shelterlistings.org/ NATIONAL
BURBANK LEADER ARTICLE from 2012
So Glendale and Burbank want to lean heavily on the non-profit called Ascenia, the previously named PATH- Glendale, to deal with homeless. We believe that every city should have it's own year round shelter so people who become homeless can stay in their own familiar surroundings
IF YOU GET TO THIS POST IN 2015 or thereafter you may find shelters by calling your local city or county hotlines for information.
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL