Tuesday, September 30, 2014

NO SHELTER IN GLENDALE FOR 2014 - 2015 SEASON UPDATE GLENDALE WINTER HOMELESS SHELTER PLAN ? DEPENDENT ON ASCENCIA

UPDATE DEC 2014 - there is no armory shelter in Glendale for the winter 2014-2015 season.  Ascencia was not funded either.  Use our search feature to bring up shelter searches.

There is always 211, but they collect information on you, and may not refer you if they think you are "chronically homeless"  (6 months or more, or repetitive.)

GO TO OUR LINK FOR http://www.shelterlistings.org/  NATIONAL

BURBANK LEADER ARTICLE from 2012

So Glendale and Burbank want to lean heavily on the non-profit called Ascenia, the previously named PATH- Glendale, to deal with homeless.  We believe that every city should have it's own year round shelter so people who become homeless can stay in their own familiar surroundings




IF YOU GET TO THIS POST IN 2015 or thereafter you may find shelters by calling your local city or county hotlines for information.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stayed at the Burbank Armory a few years ago and if not for that I would have been behind the post office in North Hollywood. I was one of so many people who went to Path to try and get in, not knowing anything. They told me only in a worse case scenario would I end up at that armory, picked me up, and knew all along that is exactly where I was going to go. I'd nevr been homeless before and was really scared. They expected me to use my storage unit as a closet to go on job interviews. I didn't have the bus fair and the storage unit told me when I rented from them that they didn't want any homeless hanging around. The storage unit was an hour and a half and two bus rides to get to it and back. That I could not do this and was considered not cooperative to me was such BS!

Unknown said...

Great article. Thanks for the info, you made it easy to understand. BTW, if anyone needs to fill out a “CA LA County Homeless Court Program”, I found a blank fillable form here:http://goo.gl/HXMnn8. I also saw some decent tutorials on how to fill it out.