We have heard about people being told that they have to leave a shelter if they need surgery, such as having a knee or ankle or shoulder or elbow fixed. We can understand that if you have surgery that requires a nursing home like some back surgeries, but if the hospital is doing surgery on you and sending you "home" the same day or in a few days, why not back to the shelter?
We've met people who refused surgery they needed, hoping to get housing first, and the delay made it all worse. One woman was told that her shoulder will never be the same again. One man we know was told by the director of a local shelter he was not supposed to be using the shelter as a rehab. Mostly what we hear is that some people get to stay and others don't/
SO HAVE YOU BEEN THROWN OUT OF A SHELTER BECAUSE YOU HAD OR NEED SURGERY?
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL