LATIMES - NO HOMELESS SHELTER IN GLENDALE
"The Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority, which funds the shelter program, didn't support another alternative — operating a smaller shelter at Ascencia's own access center, Komuro said.
The lack of winter shelter will have no impact on any of Ascencia's existing operations, which include providing housing and other support services for the homeless.
For more than a decade, a roughly 150-bed shelter was made available each year at the Glendale National Guard Armory on Colorado Boulevard.
But the influx of homeless drew complaints from patrons at the Glendale Central Library, the Adult Recreation Center and nearby retailers.
To minimize the impact, Glendale broke from the county program in 2011 and spent roughly $150,000 in combination with the city of Burbank to run a smaller shelter, which was limited to local transients."
If you're reading this searching for a cold weather shelter, please see our recent post about those shelters funded by County of LA...http://lahsa.org/winter_shelter_program.asp
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL