THE GUARDIAN - HOMELESS PEOPLE LOS ANGELES RIVER -PHOTOCGRAPHS
Portraits by David McNew = showing homeless people doing laundry, bathing, or hanging out under bridges
We note that some of the commentary is by people who do not understand that in the United States there are wait lists that can go years - Section 8 can be a decade - and that there is nowhere near enough housing for working people with low incomes, let alone those on SSI, SSDI, or other forms of disability. There are not even enough shelters....
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL