BIG ISSUE ORG - MAGAZINE
From their site:
The Big Issue offers people who are homeless the opportunity to earn their own money; a livelihood. The Big Issue Foundation, as an independent charity for people who are homeless, offers vendors the opportunity of a life. We work tirelessly alongside our vendors to help them deal with the issues that have caused their homelessness or have developed as a result of hitting the streets.
It can be as little as 12 months from a significant life event to losing everything and arriving on the street. Last year alone we worked with over 2,200 individuals, enabling people who are homeless to take control of their lives.
...We offer vendors the opportunity to integrate in all aspects of our work including our fundraising events such as our inspirational Big London Night Walk and our amazing annual bike ride, this year we’ll be pedalling from London to Amsterdam. Many vendors have walked or cycled with us over the years and helped to raise vital funds and awareness for our work.
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL