Tuesday, February 16, 2010

SO! ELLE ACTUALLY HIRED A "HOMELESS" WOMAN!

Link to this August article about ELLE fashion magazine and the fuss that they hired a homeloess woman writer....

"My name is Bri and I’m 24 years old. I learned on August 24 that I had been offered an internship with E. Jean Carroll, advice columnist at ELLE magazine and all-around kick-ass woman. This was simultaneously surprising, exhilarating, and terrifying, as I have been homeless and living in a beat-up old trailer for the past six months. My screaming, bouncing, and erratic flailing awoke my sleeping boyfriend in a panic. He was sure that something terrible had happened. In the previous two weeks, I had lost my employment, again, (I was laid off from my full-time job in July 2008 and have vacillated between temporary assignments and unemployment since then), my trailer had been towed with all my belongings inside of it (I’m currently living in a beat-up, non-running RV on a dusty back lot in Riverside, and my trailer is still in the impound yard where the storage fee is increasing $80 per day), and soon after my car had broken down. I poured the small cushion of accrued savings that was meant to help me re-stabilize into fixing the car. We were in dire straits and had drained our last financial resources. What else could possibly go wrong?" Brianna Karp

OK HERE IS OUR RESPONSE TO ALL THE Fuss !

A. PLENTY MORE CAN GO WRONG. Many of us went from car to street.
We are happy that Brianna got a job.
Brianna is young and hopefully homelessness was just a glitch and she will not spend the rest of her life being labled "homeless."
She was of the UPPER CLASS OF HOMELESSNESS living in a trailer or RV.

No comments: