Saturday, March 24, 2012

FOOD STAMP FRAUD INCREASINGLY SOPHISTICATED

Fox news article link. " In the 1970s, about one in 50 Americans participated in the program. Today, it's almost 1 in 7."

Selling food money for cash is considered fraud, but we know how difficult it is to afford if you want to buy VITAMINS, TEA THAT HAS SOME MEDICINAL VALUE, SANITARY SUPPLIES, OVER THE COUNTER MEDICINES SUCH AS PAIN KILLER FOR CRAMPS, TISSUE, TOILET PAPER... in other words, things you really need and can use. Since the budget is about $5 a day for a person, anyone who is selling stamps just for the cash must be getting a lot of food somewhere else. We know many people who are supplimenting food stamps with visits to food banks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never sold my EBT but I wish I could legally get some of it to cash because theres so many things I need. Like I need new underwear. Lisa