Monday, November 4, 2013

CAREHARBOR FREE MEDICAL CARE EVENT - OUR REVIEW UPDATED ***** MEDICAL PRIVACY AT QUESTION - THE LADIES LOVED THE PAUL MITCHELL HAIR CUTS

REVIEWS BELOW : We asked a few people who went to this years CAREHARBOR which took place last week at the LA SPORTS ARENA , a free medical care event, what they experienced.

You don't have to be homeless to attend this event.  You can be working or have health insurance, but maybe you can't afford the deductibles, or maybe you don't have coverage for dental or vision.

**********************************

OK, we're back... Sorry about that delay of a few days.

Here are some reviews from talking to people who attended this years event.  All names have been changed to protect privacy.

******

DENTAL

N:  "I'm on Medical and went because I want to preserve my teeth.  After getting up real early to have a disabled van pick me up and waiting in line the day for wrist bands and then the day for dental care, I was told they couldn't help me and there was no referrals to another dental clinic.  I was so exhausted and disappointed."

We respond : We hear that by next summer Medical will be upgraded for dental so that people who don't want a tooth pulled may have better options.

******

VISION

W:  "I went because I have no vision coverage.  I'm working two jobs and I can't afford my rent and new eyeglasses.  I thought the vision part of CareHarbor was excellent.  The only thing is that the eyeglass frames they had to choose from were not great. You can't give them frames you bought or brought with you.  You do get a copy of the prescription though, so if the glasses they made me are too ugly, as soon as I can afford it, I'll buy better a better pair."

We respond:  Good point! Too bad you can't hand over you old frames!

******

MEDICAL PRIVACY

S:  "I'm really pissed off.  There is NO REASON TO HAVE THE LONG LINES WAITING LIKE THAT EXCEPT THAT IT'S A BIG PHOTO OP FOR CAREHARBOR.  I read on their web site that no one can take pictures inside due to MEDICAL PRIVACY.  LIE!  There were cameras in my face several times outside and the pictures on the internet and in the papers showed some people's faces.   This happened maybe five times and a lot of people were pulling their hats down or wrapping scarves around their faces or turning their backs.  Nobody was asking permission first of us to use our images.  In one case it was still dark out and while I was talking to some people I suddenly was blinded by a light - a damn camera guy from some station.  That was outside.  It wasn't much better inside."

THAT IS NOT MEDICAL PRIVACY.  On the day for care when you finally got indoors there was a BIG SIGN UP about FILMING.   HOLLWEIRD!  DAMN IT if I find my face on ANY web site, on any NEWS CHANNEL.  It's nobody's business if I stood in line for medical care.  So they are just doing it for the big news story.  That makes me sick.

We respond:  If they could give out numbers and then let you come back in a couple hours or something. Standing for hours is hard on people.

*****

MEDICAL PRIVACY

Z:  "I have an issue with their standards also.  THE INFORMATION PACKET THEY GAVE OUT ON MONDAY WHEN WE PICKED UP OUR WRIST BANDS SAID YOU COULD HAVE MEDICAL SERVICE WITHOUT AN ID.  BUT THE FIRST THING THEY DO IS USHER YOU INTO INTAKE WHERE THEY ASK FOR YOUR ID and start putting you in a DATABASE and they want to assign you to a clinic in the end.  So I agree with S, that there are some Lies in their flyers and website."

We respond:  It's important for the homeless to be able to get health care without an ID.

******

LOVED THE ACCUPUNCTURE AND CHIROPRACTIC

H: " Hi.  I'm not homeless either.  Tell you what, I was so thrilled that I could have an acupuncture and chiropractic treatment!  I know that isn't covered by Healthy Way LA or Medical, but I would go holistic if I could, especially for pain control."

*****

X:  "I loved that the PAUL MITCHELL HAIRDRESSERS WHERE THERE TO CUT HAIR!
They said it was their first year for the event.  I hope they keep doing it.  It made me relax while I waited for a pap smear."

THANKS TO BECKY FOR TALKING TO THE PEOPLE.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got new prescription eyeglasses last weekend from CareHarbor and I want to say I'm very appreciative. The waiting in lines does get to you but I can see clearly now and that made it worth it. TeeTee