POLICY MIC - WHAT HOMELESS SEE WHEN THEY TALK TO YOU
"According to their website, Homeless GoPro "outfits homeless volunteers with donated high-definition personal cameras, which they use to capture the world as they see it." The project was first conceived by Kevin Adler, a 29-year-old San Francisco resident and sociologist and education technology entrepreneur. Adler's uncle suffered from schizophrenia and died about 10 years ago after spending 30 years of his life homeless. After visiting his uncle's grave site a year ago, Adler began thinking about the people who live on the streets and are ignored daily.
"The goal is to build empathy, enable the non-homeless to walk with a homeless person for a few moments, and to explore how a camera lens associated with 'hardcore' activities like snowboarding and surfing can showcase courage and difficulty of another sort," Adler wrote on the project's website..."
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL