SAN FERNANDO SUN COM. A "Mother" for 350 KIDS by Alex Garcia According to the article:
DENISSE MONTALVAN came out of nowhere and slowly built a life in the United States. Eventually she went to El Camino College in Torrance and Cal State Dominguez Hills to study Communications and PR. She's worked many odd jobs and used financial aid to help pay for classes and books.
She has said, "I could relate to feeling abandoned and not having anybody to help you."
In 2011 she came upon the idea that she could recreate old, broken jewelry and sell it to her friends.
in 2012 she registered "THE ORHANED EAARING" as a non profit and has raised $50,000 to go to orphanages in Colombia, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Nicaragua, and Rosarito Mexico. She visits once a year, every 2 months to the one in Rosarito.
"She celebrates their birthdays, provides school supplies, and sends monthly cash donations, and when she's there, helps bathe them and brushes their hair. She also promises that if they remain in the institution (rather than going with men who will try to seduce them and turn them into prostitutes), and do well in school, and take care of each other, she will give each girl a quinceanera, when she turns 15. She goes personally to do their hair and makeup.
"It's that 'someone cared for me' feeling wanted, that will change their life.
"I sleep five hours a night, I go home and make bracelets, key chains, and rings."
THE ORPHANED EARRING ORG
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL