MYNEWSLA -CONSTRUCTION BEGINS ON HOMELESS SHELTER and HEALTH CLINIC
The Campus, at 7843 Lankershim Blvd., which will include 50 permanent supportive housing units for chronically homeless individuals, bridge housing for more than 450 homeless individuals and families, a health clinic and office space for service providers.
The project is slated for completion in the fall of 2017. It includes a south campus consisting of renovated facilities, and an entirely new north campus that replaces the Valley Shelter as a service center for the entire San Fernando Valley. The health clinic will be open to the surrounding community.
L.A. Family Housing President Stephanie Klasky-Gamer described the facility as a “regional hub that will provide coordinated services and help break the cycle of homelessness and poverty for thousands of people.”
Mayor Eric Garcetti, county officials and representatives of the developer, L.A. Family Housing were on hand today for a groundbreaking ceremony.
Of course neither Stephanie or Eric seem to know what has gone on in the shelter that's been torn down... The things they've gotten away with... We hope the clinic won't be North East Valley Health Corp. There are people out there who hope that by the time the place reopens there will be all new management and staff too. "Campus?" Please! The hellhole was never a college, just a school of hard knocks.
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL