Thursday, April 12, 2012

IS A CASE MANAGER LETTING YOUR ROOM MATES ABUSE YOU?

Nothing like making it off the street into a shelter, thinking you'll be safe, and finding yourself abused by one or more roommates, and having an unprofessional, incompetent, unqualified case manager who refuses to handle it.


We hear about this all the time. We've met people who said they couldn't handle a shelter who are living in their cars instead. We've met people who say they ran to security guards who we're corrupt individuals themselves.


Unless a person is safe in a shelter, the word SHELTER is inappropriate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've got it. I was in a shelter for about three weeks before I was threatened by room mates. One said that she would not be home when the others beat me and that the word was on the streets and in the prisons that I would be beaten. I was terrified. I've never been in any abusive relationships and have never been beaten or beaten anyone. The room mate continued to live at the shelter and I was moved. I was threatened in every room I was moved to. I believe it's because I'm white, college educated, and have no criminal background. Half the room mates were out of prison for drugs or prostitution. They hated me. Shelters stink.

Sign me Cindy