SUPPORTIVE SERVICES FOR VETERAN FAMILIES (SSVF)
THE SSVF program is designed to rapidly re-house homeless Veteran families and prevent homelessness for those at imminent risk due to a housing crisis. It also helps Veteran families who reside in or are transitioning to permanent housing to quickly regain stability.
SSVF providers offer a range of short-term service with a focus on case management, assistance in obtaining VA and other public benefits, and possible time-limited payments to third parties (landlords, licensed child care providers, etc. of these payments help Veterans families stay in housing.
VETERAN HOUSEHOLD: single person is a household, so is a family in which the head of the household, or the spouse of the head of household is a veteran. The vet must have served in active duty and be discharged or released honorably.
VERY LOW INCOME
Based on the fact that the household income is half or less than the area MEDIAN INCOME or LOS ANGELES COUNTY per HUD.
For instance for one person the income limit is $30, 400. under the 50% rule. Check for details.
YOU MAY BE CURRENTLY RESIDING IN PERMANET HOUSING - but at risk,
YOU MAY BE HOMELESS but scheduled to move into permanent housing within the next 90 days. (On a wait list perhaps._
YOU MAY HAVE EXITED PERMANENT HOUSING WITHIN THE LAST 90 DAYS. (Lost your place.)
JOEL at 818-415-6035 is the outreach coordinator and intake person to contact at LAFH
As always we would like to hear from any of you who have entered this program.
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL