As anyone whose been homeless during this season knows THIS IS THE TIME OF THE YEAR when you'll be invited to a whole lot of FEEDS, this is the time of the year when there will be used clothing giveaways, this is the time of the year when people will be donating scarves and hats and socks, this is the time of the year when those who have will be thinking of where they want to put their tax deductible charitable contribution money to the have nots. Or at least the management.
So when the givers come through the shelter looking at you like you're a zoo animal, do you smile?
COLD WEATHER SHELTERS have opened so at least there is the cot and being indoors for a while. (But some year round shelters use this time of year to KICK OUT residents they don't like, reasoning that sending them to a cold weather shelter is not actually demoting them! It is when you were under the impression you had a place in line for housing!)
PAGES - POP UP AND BE SURPRISED!
- HOW TO USE THIS BLOG TO FIND SERVICES
- QUESTIONS FOR HOMELESS
- ASK THE SHELTER / NONPROFIT AT INTAKE
- BE A GOOD ROOM MATE AT THE SHELTER
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD CASE MANAGER?
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES - DMV ID - EMAIL - SNAIL MAIL -...
- WE WANT REFERRALS TO EBT FOOD - RESTAURANTS
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DIET!
- FIND YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS / LOCAL and NATIONAL
- INTERNATIONAL READERSHIP OF EXPOSE HOMELESSNESS
- CONTACT US - CONFIDENTIAL